The avid literary lover would explain pun to mean the simple act of playing with words to create fun. Others have also termed it “fun transliteration”. How far can you go when you are called upon to string words together to entertain? Well, our Pun Artiste says he has got more to keep you entertained.
Known in real life as Mawuli Ekuadzi, the lab technician cum pun artiste who hails from Anloga has always been an ardent lover of literary work right from his basic and senior high school days.
The old student of Mawuli SHS and Accra Technical University during a chat with rymcitigh.com revealed that everything that he is manifesting today has taken years to master even though, he reckons, the love for it has been there. He blends his transliteration with English, Ewe, Ga, Akan and Pidgin.
Below are some of his repertoire of works which normally get his followers entertained on Facebook. Have fun.
- English: Jose, the path looks like breast.
Aŋlɔ: Jose Mourinho
- English: Didier! drop the load, I’d catch it.
Aŋlɔ: Didier Drogba, Mali.
- English: Respect the snake but respect ran away.
Aŋlɔ: Buddha gake Bubuashi
- English: Jomo, open my legs
Aŋlɔ: Jomo Kenyatta
- English: Pep, do not look for it
Eʋedome: Pep, Guardiola.
- English: Bernard, hold the breast.
Ewe: Bernard Leno
- English: Roberto, mash it and let’s drink
Ewe: Roberto Firmino
- English: Doctor cheated your left
Ewe: Dɔkta Bawumia
- English: Let us ask your mum
Eʋedome: Namibia, Norway
- English: Hold your gun
- English: Auntie, you didn’t fry it, so we won’t eat.
Akan: Anty, Wenchi nti Yendi
- English: Lucy! Take it, Naa has stumbled.
Akan: Lucifer, Napoli.
- English: Solomon don’t be silly
Ga: Salomon Kalou
- English: It’s like water, don’t eat
Akan: Asensio, Mendy
- English: There’s an LG living in Q
- English: Akufoh-Addo cheated and squeezed them
Eʋe: Akufo-Addo — Bawumia
- English: Mubarak is stuck on it.
Twi: Mubarak Wakaso
- English: I have drawn a leg
- English: Remove your hand
- English: Spit it out
- English: Medicine only
Eʋedome: Amakye Dede
- English: Laugh at thunder’s testicles Ewe: Kosovo
He is popularly known on Facebook as Eli Kulgong. Visit his Facebook page for more of his acts. You can equally visit Rymcitigh for more updates.
Be the first to comment