8-year-old boy dies of rabies in Asamankese.

Reading Time: < 1 minute

Relatives of Amankwah Kunadu, an 8- year-old boy from Asamankese, a town located in the West Akim Municipality in the Eastern Region of Ghana are in shock over the death of their son. 

On what really caused the death of the boy, it was narrated that the child was bitten by a dog about two months ago but they could not send him to the hospital for treatment, even though he had sustained some injuries. 

Information available to rymcitigh.com also revealed that the parents of the boy thought that the bruises were as a result of injury sustained from a bicycle accident. They therefore resorted to home remedies and prayer to cure the child until recently when the child became aggressive and uncontrollable.

He was rushed to the Asamankese Government Hospital for proper diagnosis of the condition but he gave up the ghost at the dawn of Friday, 15th January, 2021. 


Rabies is a deadly virus spread to people from the saliva of infected animals.

It is usually spread through an animal bite. Animals most likely to spread rabies are  dogs, bats, coyotes, foxes, skunks and raccoons.

Its symptoms include fever, headache, excess salivation, muscle spasms, paralysis and mental confusion.

This has brought about the urgent need to make sure that pets such as dogs and other animals which fall within this category are vaccinated. 

Source: http://rymcitigh.com/ 

Visited 1 times, 1 visit(s) today
About Nutefe Worla 128 Articles
Nutefe Worla is a professional teacher, a blogger and a profiler at Rymcitigh.com, an online news portal. He is also a passionate reader and a natural writer. He believes strongly that for one to succeed in life, there is the need to hold unto one’s resolve in high esteem.